New Domain Provider Priorities

Seb

Hey guys - we're about to push the domain framework and modules live onto our Github, which means we can start rolling out a lot more domain providers shortly as we can engage some freelancers to build integrations. There's a few that will be being released today but then we need to know which ones you'd like us to prioritise.

What that allows us to then do is go through the remaining domain feature requests needed that we need to support on existing providers (privacy, cctld fields, glue records, polling etc) which will take a bit longer.

So please - let me know which providers we don't yet support you would like us to add.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gavin said:

Which one to use for good rates allowing customers to register a domain with their orders?

Depends what you negotiate 🙂 Most providers will come down in price with volume.

The larger providers (e.g. Enom, OpenProvider etc) all have pricing slabs based on commits or upfront payment

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gavin said:

Which one to use for good rates allowing customers to register a domain with their orders?

I am also confused about which domain registrar have to select. Right now I have short listed two domain reseller program domainnameapi and realtime Register. I decided at go to real time register because they provide domain name at cost price. https://realtimeregister.com/what-we-offer/domain-products/go-orange/

@Seb waiting for real time register Integration 😁 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Viswanath VBThanks for your advice. I was wondering how important Domain Registration sales are for your overall business. As a small company still in beta, I am unsure if the efforts to add this to my business are worth it. Are people still buying domains from small companies in 2023? Also, could you provide some guidance on the percentage of domain registrations in your overall sales? Thanks again.

@gavin I'm in the same case 😉 It's the first time I may add domain registration.

@Luis Thank you Luis.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Adrien said:

VBThanks for your advice. I was wondering how important Domain Registration sales are for your overall business. As a small company still in beta, I am unsure if the efforts to add this to my business are worth it. Are people still buying domains from small companies in 2023? Also, could you provide some guidance on the percentage of domain registrations in your overall sales? Thanks again.

@Adrien There are several reasons why customers may choose to go with a small domain registrar company instead of larger ones like GoDaddy, Namecheap, or other big players in the market. Here are a few possible reasons:

Personalized Service: Small domain registrar companies typically have fewer customers, which allows them to offer a more personalized experience. Customers can often receive one-on-one attention and support from a small registrar, which can be appealing to those who value personalized service.

Lower Prices: Small registrars may offer lower prices than their larger counterparts. This can be especially true for customers who need to register multiple domain names, as small registrars may offer volume discounts that are not available at larger companies.

Flexibility: Small registrars may be more flexible in terms of their policies and procedures. For example, they may be more willing to work with customers to resolve issues or to accommodate specific needs.

Reputation: Some customers may prefer to support small businesses and may be more likely to trust a small registrar with a good reputation, especially if they have received positive feedback from others in their industry or community.

Specialization: Small domain registrars may specialize in specific types of domains or niche markets. For example, they may focus on providing domains for a specific industry or geographic region. This specialization can be appealing to customers who are looking for a more targeted service.

Single Place: Some customers likes to keep there domains and hosting in a single place.

And there are many more reasons to customer to chose small domain registrar.

Edited by Viswanath VB
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Viswanath VB said:

@gavinI think NameSilo is not fully white labeled domain registrar. In domain whois information Registrar:NameSilo, LLC so when reseller registering domain for customer, customer can easily find domain are buying from NameSilo. 

Screenshot_20230309_232057_Chrome.jpg

Hi @Viswanath VB

Do you have an example of this whois info of one of your domains registered in that registrar you mentioned?

I checked mine and yes, it says Registrar: Namesilo LLC. But I believe every domain reseller would have this issue, unles we're the ICANN registrar ourselves.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Luis said:

Do you have an example of this whois info of one of your domains registered in that registrar you mentioned?

I checked mine and yes, it says Registrar: Namesilo LLC. But I believe every domain reseller would have this issue, unles we're the ICANN registrar ourselves.

@Luis Example - Connect Reseller is a fully white labeled domain Reseller means customer not able to find domain are brought from connect reseller from whois information. When domain brought from connect reseller in Whois information it's show's Registrar: OwnRegistrar, Inc. instead of connect reseller. 

Screenshot_20230310_010136_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Viswanath VB

1 minute ago, Viswanath VB said:

Example - Connect Reseller is a fully white labeled domain Reseller means customer not able to find domain are brought from connect reseller from whois information. When domain brought from connect reseller in Whois information it's show's Registrar: OwnRegistrar, Inc. instead of connect reseller. 

Screenshot_20230310_010136_Chrome.jpg

I see, that's great.

I use a couple of registrars, and all of them use their name.

• Like 1

On 3/15/2023 at 4:47 AM, Emilio F. Escamilla said:

Hello There,

Is there any plans to include Google API Reseller for domain registration as a Domain Provider?

I've not seen anyone use Google Domains as a reseller - is that common practice?

Definitely we need to add support for other google tools e.g. WorkSpace

• Like 1