India payment gateway

Viswanath VB

Not just Razorpay. PayU, CashFree and Even PayTM  cannot onboard new customers right now. Many other small players are also restricted right now. CCAvenue is working right now. I am pretty sure the former will get back after fulfilling the necessary compliance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gavin said:

Not just Razorpay. PayU, CashFree and Even PayTM  cannot onboard new customers right now. Many other small players are also restricted right now. CCAvenue is working right now. I am pretty sure the former will get back after fulfilling the necessary compliance.

Yes, it's a temporary ban. RBI is just making sure that these fintech companies have the compliance and once the audit is complete, the onboarding for new customers will start again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Viswanath VB said:

I think instamojo have no issues.

Yes. They are compliant. But I don't think they have any competitive advantages over the others. It's not good for accepting international payments and the rates are not impressive too.

Edited by gavin

@gavin

55 minutes ago, gavin said:

Yes. They are compliant. But I don't think they have any competitive advantages over the others. It's not good for accepting international payments and the rates are not impressive too.

Yes that right i think right now instamojo is focused on there own eCommerce platform instead of payment gateway. Instamojo main feature i liked is simple interface and easy sign up process and convenience fee feature https://www.instamojo.com/features/convenience-fee/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Razorpay has stopped onboarding new customers long time back, and now require PCI DSS certification even for clients who are with them from the past 3-4 years. I think they are not looking to do business with hosting providers in the future.

@Seband @Harry L if you really need Indian customers, you need to add PayU/Cashfree soon, otherwise we will have to move back to WHMCS.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PradeepC said:

Razorpay has stopped onboarding new customers long time back, and now require PCI DSS certification even for clients who are with them from the past 3-4 years. I think they are not looking to do business with hosting providers in the future.

@Seband @Harry L if you really need Indian customers, you need to add PayU/Cashfree soon, otherwise we will have to move back to WHMCS.

You can also take a look at CCAvenue or PayTM, any one of these would suffice. CCAvenue is currently accepting new customers.

We have to prioritise the things we work on. In India we support Stripe and RazorPay. We will be adding more in future but the Indian government frequently changes rules - since we developed the Stripe and RazorPay integrations rule changes from the Indian government meant we had to then rewrite the Stripe integration and now the RazorPay integration is hard to use for new customers. We are developing the payment system so that others can develop payment gateways.