Custom SMTP email address issue

When using custom SMTP server for sending mail in upmind. All emails are sent though custom email address added in upmind settings including all support departments mails also. It's not right i think. I have set [email protected] in settings if any one open support ticket all emails are sending through [email protected] it's has to be sent though departments email address example if client open ticket in sales department then email should be sent through [email protected], if abuse department then email should send through [email protected]. when enabled custom SMTP server support ticket emails sent  through corresponding support department email address.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Viswanath VB said:

When using custom SMTP server for sending mail in upmind. All emails are sent though custom email address added in upmind settings including all support departments mails also. It's not right i think. I have set [email protected] in settings if any one open support ticket all emails are sending through [email protected] it's has to be sent though departments email address example if client open ticket in sales department then email should be sent through [email protected], if abuse department then email should send through [email protected]. when enabled custom SMTP server support ticket emails sent  through corresponding support department email address.

I’d also like this 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

If someone opens a ticket to sales@ it goes to the correct department (ie abuse, sales etc providing you have email forwarding setup to route to the appropriate upmind dpt) If the client opens a ticket in the portal, it goes to the default dpt - as soon as you take the ticket / resassign to the correct department, it then sits in the Abuse / Sales department. 

Although the outgoing email address is the same regardless of department - if the client replies, it still appends to the ticket in the correct department which is standard for a lot of enterprise systems. Is there a specific reason that you need the reply to the client to be sales / abuse@ etc? The automatic ticket routing is brilliant in upmind, so you dont have to worry about separate smpt setting for various emails