How to make a Credit Note not to cancel the service creation/upgrade

Luis

Question

Hi.

Currently when you have an invoice for a new service or a service upgrade and apply a credit note to that invoice, the service creation/upgrade is reverted or cancelled.

But there are some cases where we may decide to discount that invoice 100% (after said invoice is created) but applying a credit note would cancel the service. In these cases I usually make a fake payment (for example selecting the cash option), but I feel this does not quite correlate to the real operation.

Is there a way we can apply a credit note to the invoice, but instead of this serving as a cancelation operation with optional refund, would function as a payment with 100% discount?

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

Hi Luis,

When you are  trying to upgrade or change a product  there is a option to choose "Apply changes free of charge."   at the bottom the invoice page which makes the invoice paid with the payment of 0.00 price. So i think this would help to upgrade or change the current plan with 100% discount rate without using credit notes or cancellation. I have also added a screenshot attachment for the easy understading. Hope it's help you. 

image.thumb.png.e84d944e565a59f44c737cab9f47d9c9.png

• Like 1

Yes, I can do that. But what I'm looking for is for a way to credit an already existing invoice in order to make that particular invoice free, but for the service to be provisioned anyways. 

Currently credit notes work by cancelling that invoice and service.  

What I currently do is to make a fake payment of the invoice simulating a credit (for example using a cash or offline payment gateway). 

This is more a feature request I think. @Seb do you think it could be possible?