Domain Availability Checker Widget Error

Wildfern

Question

Ran into a couple of errors with the Domain Checker Widget. For clarity's sake, I've customized the widget code to reflect the web page where the checker will be located, and updated the currency:

image.png.17aef3ca3a8d956e1cbbf118a529dd6c.png

Here are the issues I ran into: 

1) Received this on the web page:

image.png.fbba42ecbbc5af4d0fbac43c1f86eef0.png

2) When I inspected the page, the API response stated "Domain names currently unavailable for register or transfer." This happens whether or not I include the .COM in the search.

3) When attempting to use USD currency rather than GBP, I receive the API response "This currency is not supported by this brand!" However, I have USD enabled: image.png.f4660ea8edbb7cd17595e72047491fd7.png

4) I have accounts set up with OpenProvider and ENom, with username/password or API name + token enabled for each. Neither makes a difference. image.thumb.png.6d65aa5211f18ab7f178d9255826d6e4.png

Is there any way to correct this error so I can use the checker tool?

11 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, Wildfern said:

Ran into a couple of errors with the Domain Checker Widget. For clarity's sake, I've customized the widget code to reflect the web page where the checker will be located, and updated the currency:

image.png.17aef3ca3a8d956e1cbbf118a529dd6c.png

Here are the issues I ran into: 

1) Received this on the web page:

image.png.fbba42ecbbc5af4d0fbac43c1f86eef0.png

2) When I inspected the page, the API response stated "Domain names currently unavailable for register or transfer." This happens whether or not I include the .COM in the search.

3) When attempting to use USD currency rather than GBP, I receive the API response "This currency is not supported by this brand!" However, I have USD enabled: image.png.f4660ea8edbb7cd17595e72047491fd7.png

4) I have accounts set up with OpenProvider and ENom, with username/password or API name + token enabled for each. Neither makes a difference. image.thumb.png.6d65aa5211f18ab7f178d9255826d6e4.png

Is there any way to correct this error so I can use the checker tool?

Just to confirm. Did you add your website's domain into upmind?

/admin/settings/domains

12 minutes ago, elvira said:

Hi there,

I'm attaching our YouTube video on how to add a domain availability checker widget to your website. Please ensure your URL and currency. Hope it helps 🙂

No dice, when adding it as an HTML widget, or hardcoding it directly in the HTML, the code does not work (the CMS is Duda.co, by the way)image.png.01463cadd6c9d4955d4b887016bfb889.png

I've just checked your shop and you don't have any domains available for sale on the shopfront either -- so there could be some other reason the domains don't show for instance

- You don't have a payment gateway enabled for that currency
 - The products are not marked available for sale

5 minutes ago, Cursor Web Hosts said:

Unfortunately, I can't reroute my dns. Let me think of a plan B

There's no need to reroute to point it to Upmind. You just need to add it on order for the system to trust it. 

If you're using www, add it too. 

Edited by Luis
  • Like 1