How to create a recurring/subscription product with setup-fee?

ISOÜ

Question

7 answers to this question

On 4/15/2022 at 2:00 AM, Seb said:

There's not currently a concept of a 'setup fee' though, as you mentioned, it is possible to model your products in such a way that it essentially works.

We'll look to support setup fee functionality.

Hey Seb, yeah works for us this way currently, but setup-fees are essential in the IT-Business.

I have an idea, because we can break it down to one problem:
It kinda creates a order-blocker when the customer has to select the option in order to proceed,
but at the other had it is a mandatory thing. So my idea would be to add a "option" to the "Product options"
that it will be added automatically if the new "option" is checked. So basically it is a mandatory option (like all Product options)
but the customer does not have to select/check-mark it, and it can not be unchecked.

Should be able to be implemented fast, just one check-box in the admin-interface and a check in the shop-page.
Thanks!

5 hours ago, ISOÜ said:

Hey Seb, yeah works for us this way currently, but setup-fees are essential in the IT-Business.

I have an idea, because we can break it down to one problem:
It kinda creates a order-blocker when the customer has to select the option in order to proceed,
but at the other had it is a mandatory thing. So my idea would be to add a "option" to the "Product options"
that it will be added automatically if the new "option" is checked. So basically it is a mandatory option (like all Product options)
but the customer does not have to select/check-mark it, and it can not be unchecked.

Should be able to be implemented fast, just one check-box in the admin-interface and a check in the shop-page.
Thanks!

Yes very good idea. Basically all the functionality is there -- we just need to adjust the frontend to autoselect (and not allow deselect) of a mandatory product option where there is no choice. Then this can be labelled setup fee.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Seb said:

Yes very good idea. Basically all the functionality is there -- we just need to adjust the frontend to autoselect (and not allow deselect) of a mandatory product option where there is no choice. Then this can be labelled setup fee.

Here ya go! ❤️

12 hours ago, Seb said:

This has been sorted and should be deployed within the next few hours

If there is a mandatory product option, it is now selected by default and cannot be unselected.

Awesome, I am getting the feeling more and more that I bet on the right "horse" by choosing UPMIND over WHMCS and others!
Please try to add the custom-footer option (paid - if needed) next, so we can fully switch over to UPMIND and do the next batch of invoices with UPMIND - can't wait and would love to do that ❤️