The Logo Problem, More Important Than You May Realize

We have been looking for a viable WHMCS replacement for our hosting business, and we are really pleased with the look, functionality, and roadmap for Upmind.  We were not initially keen on adopting an SaaS model to perform billing, sales and automation, but we have warmed up to the idea with few reservations.  We are, however, troubled by one very obvious design flaw.  I hate to use the word “flaw”, but the nature of the design can’t easily be described any other way.  I am speaking of the area of the UI where we are to apply our logo/brand, that uniquely identifies us as a business, company or corporation seeking to establish a recognition and bond with our clients and customers.  A significant percentage of logos/brands are horizontal in format, yet Upmind has made it impossible for us to use our current logos/brands, instead, forcing businesses to redesign that which makes them unique, to fit with the confines of a basic square.

I understand that Upmind is working on changing this.  My question is; When will we finally see this fundamental UI functionality in what appears to be a near flawless competitor to WHMCS?

• Like 1

Just to update this here - the reason this happens is because the logo is square on mobile devices and - so the logo needs to work on multiple screen widths. Obviously the solution is that we have a horizontal logo and a square alternative for mobile devices, which we'll add soon!

• Like 3

Thank you Seb.  I understand, and I appreciate everyone’s efforts as Upmind moves forward.  I know that this logo situation will improve.  But we are launching soon, and I am concerned that a formal solution will take more time than we have.  I liked the work around that silentwarrior proposed, but we were not able to get it to work. It would have been a simple and elegant solution for us.

1 hour ago, ThinkTech Hosting said:

Thank you Seb.  I understand, and I appreciate everyone’s efforts as Upmind moves forward.  I know that this logo situation will improve.  But we are launching soon, and I am concerned that a formal solution will take more time than we have.  I liked the work around that silentwarrior proposed, but we were not able to get it to work. It would have been a simple and elegant solution for us.

I've had some luck targeting this class directly instead.

(this code goes in the footer template)

<style>
    .u-brand-image { width: 150px !important; }
</style>

I don't know if this affects other areas. I believe this logo is used for invoices too, you should check.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Luis said:

I've had some luck targeting this class directly instead.

(this code goes in the footer template)

<style>
    .u-brand-image { width: 150px !important; }
</style>

I don't know if this affects other areas. I believe this logo is used for invoices too, you should check.

Your logo image should not have white space in any side for this to work.

• 2 months later...