Bundle one-time & reccuring products

Theodoros

Question

Hi,

I've created a bundle with two products: one is a basic product with a one-time payment, and the other is a support plan for the basic product with a recurring payment.

I need to make the recurring payment product mandatory. Currently, when the bundle is added to the cart, only the one-time payment product is included, and the recurring payment product is missing.

How can I fix this?

9 answers to this question

Hi Theodoros,

Our product bundling feature isn't fully ready yet. Right now, you can add the products individually, but putting them together in a bundle isn't working as it should. It's best to wait until this feature is fully supported for ordering.

If you want to make sure clients buy both the one-time payment product and the recurring payment product together, you might consider using a promotion code for now. It’s not ideal, but it could help achieve what you need temporarily.

Let me know if you have any other questions or need further help

Regards,

Isma

Hi Isma,

Thank you for your response.

Could you please explain in more detail how I could ensure both the one-time payment product and the recurring payment product are purchased together using a promotion code? Did you mean that the second product would have an attractive discount that the client wouldn't want to miss, prompting them to add it to the cart? Or would it be automatically added when the first product is placed in the cart?

Additionally, is there a way to write custom code or use hooks that we could take advantage of, so that when a certain item is in the cart, the other item is added automatically? This would be a temporary solution until the bundling feature is ready. By the way, do you have an estimated timeline for when the bundling feature will be available?

Thank you again for your help.

Best regards,
Theodoros

After you create the product with billing terms (https://docs.upmind.com/docs/how-to-create-products), you can do the promotion codes, if you select "selected product" as the promotion type, you'll need to specify a mandatory product, which can be either recurring or one-time. Whether the second product is perceived as attractive often depends on how you set up the promotion, including any discounts.

You can view an example of how promotion codes look in our guide here: https://docs.upmind.com/docs/how-to-create-a-basic-promotion-code. The auto-apply promotion activates when two products are added to the cart. Regarding hooks for the cart, currently, we don't have that functionality. But if you looking to see our webhook, you also can refer to our guide here https://docs.upmind.com/docs/webhooks

As for product bundling, I can't provide an ETA yet as our team needs to conduct further investigation, especially for products using provisioning. If you're interested, we have a roadmap and feature tracker where you can also submit your suggestions. Here's the link: https://features.upmind.com/

Thank you very much for your response.

Unfortunately, the solutions you suggested didn't quite align with what I needed to achieve. As a temporary workaround until the bundling feature is fully implemented, I've managed to make it work by creating a recurring item with an option for a one-time fee. It's not ideal, but it serves the purpose for now.

I appreciate all your effort and time in helping me with this.

Hi again, do you have any news regarding ththe product bundling?

Just a reminder of what I am trying to achieve. I want to be able to add an one-time product with a couple of recurring options. As of now this is not possible. I have added an one time product, with recurring product option but the options are not showing in the product. I can only add one-time product options which is not what I want.

Hi Theo,

Could you please specify what product you’re selling? This will help our team better understand and configure your logic for recurring products and one-time product options.

Hello again,

I am selling Web desing services. For example, I have a package Basic Web Design, which is one time fee product. I want this product to have one or two options for web support which is a recurring option / product per month, or web hosting which again is a recurring option / product per month or year. I hope that helps to understand better. 

Yes, I understand what you’re looking to do. I know product options can be tricky because a one-time main product doesn’t work well with recurring options. The best way to achieve this would be through a product bundle, which we’re currently working on. You can check our progress in the feature base here: https://features.upmind.com/p/product-bundling-with-provisioning. Once it’s ready, we’ll announce it through our newsletter. Thanks for your understanding and patience