Stuff we need

I'm liking what I see so far, but our primary brand, which I'd love to move off WHMCS, needs several modules before it can be migrated:

Virtualizor (VPS provisioning)
SmarterMail (for a Business email service we provide)
Streaming CDN (for live and tv station video streaming)
SonicPanel (Shoutcast audio streaming)

We have non-obfuscated WHMCS modules for all of the above, which may be sufficient for coding these. I may at some point attempt to develop modules for these, but my time is severely limited. I'd be interested if any of these are planned for in-house development or could be sponsored?

In the meantime, I hope to start a new brand built on Upmind + Enhance (when available) + one of your available registrar modules just to put Upmind and Enhance to a good test.

• Like 3

Good to hear. We can certainly add them to the list for in-house development. It would be good to have sight of anything you have which you are able to share that shows the logic of what is needed (e.g. in smartermail, what is being provisioned, what are the configuration options etc.)

We're exploring ways we could get some external developers up to speed on the provisioning so that they could be commissioned (by us, or by others) to write modules. We've got a bit more to do on the open source provisioning system - partly with a very basic framework that aids development so the provisioning commands can be easily tested - but when that's shortly done it'll be quite straightforward for anyone to jump in and write integrations and test them.

On 5/24/2022 at 9:41 PM, MediaServe said:

In the meantime, I hope to start a new brand built on Upmind + Enhance (when available) + one of your available registrar modules just to put Upmind and Enhance to a good test.

@MediaServe when you mention Enhance, are you referring to Enhance.com the hosting control panel?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Hivium said:

@Seb I think Enhance has come up with the SSO a few days back when they released 8.0.0!

They've also got SSO directly into WP now also via API, can we get some functionality to choose on the Enhance provision module, SSO into Enhance or Directly to WP.

I think most here would like their customers to directly SSO into WP.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Feedback Monkey said:

They've also got SSO directly into WP now also via API, can we get some functionality to choose on the Enhance provision module, SSO into Enhance or Directly to WP.

I think most here would like their customers to directly SSO into WP.

We could probably just show both

That's a WordPress SSO and I can't see how it could be the same provision config. It probably needs a standalone 'wordpress on enhance' provision module

For example

- How do we know a site runs wordpress and we should show the wordpress login

- How do we know which site it's for given that an enhance package can have many sites.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Seb said:

That's a WordPress SSO and I can't see how it could be the same provision config. It probably needs a standalone 'wordpress on enhance' provision module

For example

- How do we know a site runs wordpress and we should show the wordpress login

- How do we know which site it's for given that an enhance package can have many sites.

Very true, maybe we could have a dropdown in Upmind that is like "select website" from the customer's enhance account, and then a button that says "Login", I presume Enhance will have SSO into Magento etc when they support it too, so it would be nice. 

• Like 3

On 11/9/2022 at 9:15 PM, Feedback Monkey said:

Very true, maybe we could have a dropdown in Upmind that is like "select website" from the customer's enhance account, and then a button that says "Login", I presume Enhance will have SSO into Magento etc when they support it too, so it would be nice. 

This would be really nice. We are already running Enhance for some production websties, and it is pretty stable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Well said. They can definitely be included in the list for internal growth. It would be beneficial to see anything you have that you can provide that demonstrates the reasoning behind what is required (e.g. in smartermail, what is being provisioned, what are the configuration options etc.)

• Like 2