Some billing features I need for custom invoicing

Luis

Hi. 

I'm putting together a list of a few features I need in order to manage custom invoicing (manual invoicing for some services). I'm having a lot of trouble right now dealing with these cases.

1. Have the ability to create custom invoices on the fly, without having to create a dummy product/service in the catalogue (in case the system needs a product, it should not be visible to us). It should include:

• Ability to put any product name / description.
  • Ability to set any price for the product (currently you need to have a dummy product and edit the price when ordering, but the price is expressed in terms of discounts and not as the final price of the item, which affecta refunds, credit notes, etc.).
  • Ability to set a future due date.

2. If you set a custom due date or modify an existing invoice to set a new due date, those invoices should not expire counting from the creation date, but from the due date / new due date. And also:

• Have the ability to set an invoice not to expire.
  • Have the ability to modify the due date (we already have this) and have the system recalculate the new expiring dates from that new due date.

3. Products and services associated with these invoices should also kick their expiration dates forward as the invoice is changed.

• Products and services should not expire by themselves without expiring the invoice.
  • Invoices should not expire without dealing with product expiration (this leaves services and products in an inconsistent state without a payment).

4. Ability to tell the system in the moment of ordering from the admin area:

• The invoice's due date (now or a date forward).
  • Tell the system to provision products and services right away even without payment in case you decide the client can pay later (at your own risk).
  • If the invoice is eventually not paid or cancelled, the services should be cancelled and un provisioned (in case of hosting, domain names can't be unprovisioned).

5. I believe we can have a way to group clients (maybe with client tags or something like that) and set custom expiration dates (or to not expire invoices) and other settings different from the main flow.

Upmind works great when you leave everything to run automatically (which I believe most clients want), but I'm having a hard time managing custom/manual services due to unexpected cancellations, refunds and not having the ability to undo those processes and I sometimes loose track of events, credits and which invoices were paid or not.

Regards.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gavin said:

+1. I am using external billing solution for custom products with a different invoice series. It's getting manual but no other way right now.

I thought of that too but my main issue is that some custom services also include hosting and domains.

In your case you would be generating the hosting subscription in upmind + a custom invoice for services in another platform, is that right?

• Like 1