New User - Some Questions

Darren

Hi.  I stumbled upon upmind completely by accident a few days ago. Wow, this looks like a very good solution for me and I wish I'd found it earlier.  I do have some questions though as I've tried to use it over the weekend.  Like most people I am trying to emulate what I do in WHMCS before I move, so I am using a test client etc.

1. I created a new client manually and upmind immediately sends an email to the client.  Can this be prevented ?  If I want to set my system up before I announce it to my customers I don't want them being emailed and then trying to use the new system.

2. I tried the import from WHMCS, I didn't commit the data in the end.  If I do commit, similar to the previous question, will it send an email to the clients as it creates their accounts ?
  3. It looks like I should be able to edit the invoice layout as it shows me the HTML for it, but the field is read only ?  Is this a paid option ?

Looking forward to making use of this exciting software, and I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Darren

4 hours ago, Darren said:

Hi.  I stumbled upon upmind completely by accident a few days ago. Wow, this looks like a very good solution for me and I wish I'd found it earlier.  I do have some questions though as I've tried to use it over the weekend.  Like most people I am trying to emulate what I do in WHMCS before I move, so I am using a test client etc.

1. I created a new client manually and upmind immediately sends an email to the client.  Can this be prevented ?  If I want to set my system up before I announce it to my customers I don't want them being emailed and then trying to use the new system.

2. I tried the import from WHMCS, I didn't commit the data in the end.  If I do commit, similar to the previous question, will it send an email to the clients as it creates their accounts ?
  3. It looks like I should be able to edit the invoice layout as it shows me the HTML for it, but the field is read only ?  Is this a paid option ?

Looking forward to making use of this exciting software, and I'm sure I'll have more questions.

Darren

Hi. 

1/2

You could try to set some wrong details in the smtp configuration so the system can’t send any emails until you correct them (in /settings/notification_channels). I don't know if there's a general setting to block sending emails.

On the other hand, there’s a checkbox on each client’s general settings that can be checked to avoid sending email notifications to that specific client.

In this section, /settings/invoice-template, you can edit the invoice template (it's not read only in my panel). You also have the translation options below, so you can set a different template for each language.

There used to be an option to use the default template or a custom one, but now it's missing.

Maybe someone on the team can help us with this. @Seb

image.thumb.png.94117460b94cdb8dc5860a23a0d1a0f2.png

Thanks Luis. I did raise a support ticket about the emailing and it was suggested that I could put incorrect details into the SMTP configuration, or even set the account to restricted so it won't send any emails out.  Will look later.  As for the invoice editing, my cursor changes to a no entry symbol on the text which was why I was wondering if it was only on the paid subscription.

15 minutes ago, Darren said:

Thanks Luis. I did raise a support ticket about the emailing and it was suggested that I could put incorrect details into the SMTP configuration, or even set the account to restricted so it won't send any emails out.  Will look later.  As for the invoice editing, my cursor changes to a no entry symbol on the text which was why I was wondering if it was only on the paid subscription.

Well, there were 2 radio buttons there allowing you to select default or custom, but they're missing. Maybe a bug? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...