Fiscalization - Croatian Tax Law

Marko

I know this kind of stuff will probably never be implemented by default (small potential client base, stupid tax requirement), but in Croatia every issued invoice where service/stuff is payed by cash or credit card needs to be put thought the process called fiscalization.

What is fiscalization (more can be read hear in the layman's language https://www.expatincroatia.com/fiscalization/😞

When a company issues an invoice to its customer, the invoice is sent electronically to CIS of Porezna uprava (tax office). CIS (centralni informacijski server) is the Central Information Server which generates and assigns a unique code to each received invoice. This code is called a JIR code (jedinstveni identifikator računa) and it uniquely identifies an invoice.

Once the invoice has been assigned a JIR, this code is sent back to the company. Then, the business can print the official customer invoice along with the JIR.

Basically:

• a person pays for a service,
  • invoice is generated, but not issued,
  • data of the invoice are then sent to the tax office,
  • confirmation is received back with the code,
  • code is then written on the invoice,
  • invoice is then issued and can be sent to the customer 

My question is, does Upmind supports this kind of process via webhooks or callbacks, where I can send some payload to a specified link and then receive back some information which I can then write on the invoice (like a custom field) before it is generated.

• Like 1

Things like this we would definitely consider core.  We're building a global billing system and Croatia still has hundreds of thousands of businesses that need software!

Generally I think fiscalization is a trend that's going to increase. There are similar requirements in other countries.

Webhooks is something we have planned.  As for the callback to then put something on an invoice, that should be relatively trivial for us once we have the webhooks added.

Is there an API for the government system or something you can share with us (privately if confidential)?

• Like 1

I was also looking for a way to archive this, since in my country they're implementing a digital invoicing platform soon to be rolled out to the general public (now only selected companies are participating).

I was thinking on getting a list of all generated invoices every day, hour or so, and programmatically generate the legal local invoices in a third party system. But it would be nice if there's a way to do this in Upmind somehow, so we'll be able to manage everything in one place.

There are some libraries available for anyone to use.

I don't know if this would be something you would be interested on doing, but may I also send you a copy of the documentation? I believe people would be looking for a billing system once this is rolled out and mandatory and I am looking for something to offer to my clients.

@Seb - yes, I'll send you the Technical documentation and some other papers ASAP. Unfortunately, all the documentation is in Croatian language (pdfs can be google translated, but still) - therefore I've sent an email asking if there is any documentation in English.

@Luis - indeed I was also looking for a way to generate "non-legal" invoices, send the invoice data to a third party system which will fiscalize the invoice. The problem is, there is no "nice" way to make those fiscalized invoices from the third party system available in Upmind (or any other web billing system) for a user to download (or to be available in their CP).

Edited by Marko
  • Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.