ETA / Road Map / Timeframes

We're definitely going to do this but just have a few more internal things we're sorting which wouldn't make sense to roadmap. We've spent most of the past month working on a huge restructure which enables scalability a lot more - as well as eventually specific locations for data residency etc. Unfortunately there's no 'feature' that it would map to - but we've not got many more things like that before we can start cranking out the features and integrations that are being asked for 🙂

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@Seb

Is the roadmap up to date? I feel like there are some completed items on it. Is it possible to attach a timeline to the roadmap? Does not have to be the exact date but at least we will know what is being prioritized by the team. I really like the Enhance roadmap. https://enhance.com/resources/article/product-roadmap

It helps to raise confidence. I have talked to few Upmind users and they are shifting to WHMCS due to slow progress according to them and lack of roadmap transparency in Upmind. I am new here. So still trying to figure things out. 

Edited by gavin
  • Like 1

I've added a few ticks and a few dates now where things are coming out. We release lots ands lots of updates but obviously they are in many directions and not necessarily in the areas where everyone wants to us to focus. For some people, specific integrations are important and for others they need a specific gateway, or a specific feature. We've spent a lot of time working on translations and internationality, which again isn't really visible to someone who wants a specific feature but is very important to others. We have a list of ~1000 feature requests in the roadmap so there's always going to be some people unhappy with what we're prioritising unfortunately.  WHMCS is 20 years old and we're not going to match them feature-for-feature for a while, but we're quite a different product and we have a very solid idea of what we need to prioritise. 

At present we are working on

Revenue reports for proper GAAP/IFRS standard revenue recognition reporting
Widget ecosystem (to embed various widgets on frontend sites and enable those widgets to talk to each other - so for example plan cards / baskets etc)
Date updates globally
KYC integration and Fraud tools
Import and seeding of demo data (leading to 'quick configuration')
PayPal subscriptions
ARR daily reporting (so you see how you have increased or decreased ARR each day)
We're about to push the open source domain integrations live at which point we've got someone finishing up the last of the domain integrations
Direct ICANN support so you can use Upmind for ICANN accreditation. 
Virtualisation supplier support (e.g. Proxmox, Solus, Virtualizor)
Usage billing

• Like 4

@Seb Thanks! Appreciate the detailed roadmap. Any idea when we can we expect the other payment gateways under development? RazorPay, PayTM & Payu are not onboarding new customers as they have been restricted by RBI for not following the necessary compliances. It's difficult for new Indian customers to accept payments without the above 3. I hope Cashfree and others can be given a bit priority. Thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. Thanks @seb for sharing what your priorities are right now.

The Widget ecosystem is what I'm personally waiting the most. At the moment the integration with WP isn't easy to do. We click on a plan on my site which redirects to an upmind product (creating a duplicate step/page in my flow). I'd like to click the CTA on my site and directly reach a 1 or 2 step checkout.

PayPal subscriptions is great.

I would add to your list the importance of improving the product page and the checkout flow UX. Example: CAT above the fold, two column.. in the spirit of Shopify.

Because I'm a tiny, many features you list are still un-used/unknown to me. I feel upmind is already being used by some large hosts which would explain the discrepancy between my expectations and quite a few items you prioritize.

In my dream upmind and Enhance would marry, have many kids and enhance our minds.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Adrien said:

Hello everyone. Thanks @seb for sharing what your priorities are right now.

The Widget ecosystem is what I'm personally waiting the most. At the moment the integration with WP isn't easy to do. We click on a plan on my site which redirects to an upmind product (creating a duplicate step/page in my flow). I'd like to click the CTA on my site and directly reach a 1 or 2 step checkout.

PayPal subscriptions is great.

I would add to your list the importance of improving the product page and the checkout flow UX. Example: CAT above the fold, two column.. in the spirit of Shopify.

Because I'm a tiny, many features you list are still un-used/unknown to me. I feel upmind is already being used by some large hosts which would explain the discrepancy between my expectations and quite a few items you prioritize.

In my dream upmind and Enhance would marry, have many kids and enhance our minds.

+1 for the quick checkout on CTA click.

+1 for improving the checkout experience.

• Like 2