Forcing clients to enter full contact information on register/before checkout.

norservers

Question

Hello.

I've been browsing the documentation and the panel settings and I'm trying to find a setting where i can "force" clients that register or before checkout to enter full contact information, to be stored in their profile like the one seen in "account>profile>addresses". I've played around with "Client custom fields", but those fields are saved to it's own section in client profile it seems.

Is there currently a way to force full contact information (street, phone nr, country..etc ) when a client registers or before checkout? If so, please point me in the right direction of this setting since i can't find it 🙂

Thanks.

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Won't be long. We already have this feature but removed it because we had feedback to remove obstacles from checkout. So we are going to bring in an option to require it, in which case an address will be required on checkout.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Seb said:

Not an option yet but we will add this feature to roadmap.

Thanks.

Are there any ETA for this specific future? Full name and Email address will not be sufficient for any kind of orders and it will make the entire billing platform obsolete related to online sales, at least in my case. I need a way to link a customer and their purchases in case of potential legal issues as well (IP logging would be nice too). I mean, manually contacting a client to tell them to fill in contact details seems counterproductive 🙂unless i've missed out on some other panel future that's related to linking client contact information with their purchases?

Thanks for adding this future to the roadmap.

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2022 at 4:06 PM, Seb said:

Won't be long. We already have this feature but removed it because we had feedback to remove obstacles from checkout. So we are going to bring in an option to require it, in which case an address will be required on checkout.

Did this future get implemented yet? The forum is getting quite populated and i can't really find much information about this request other places. Thanks.

• Like 1