Embed Widgets / Raise Ticket Once Order is Paid / Ticket SLA

Erikson

Question

Hello All from Upmind! I hope you're doing really well!
I fell in love with Upmind ticketing system by accident.
I have found about it when I was buying my site's domain - The provider was using it as their ticketing manager!
I work as an IT Analyst and I have used a couple Ticketing systems, and they are really hard to wrap your head around, even when you have someone teaching you.
However, with Upmind I have learnt everything I needed within a couple minutes. This is fantastic!

To cut it short, I'd love to use it on my own site, but I'm facing some issues and I could not find the answers  I needed on the docs, online, forums, on the YT channel...

Just a little background: I'm a freelancer and I would love to have a better way to manage my orders.
That said:
How can I embed a product on my site? I have read that one can use Upmind as a storefront but it's not the main purpose.
However, I cannot find how to embed the products. Do I need to use the API? I would love to, but I live in brazil and the exchange doesn't really help lol

Secondly: As I said, I am a freelance, and I would love to raise a ticket once an order is paid - This would help tremendously on managing everything within one place, instead of having to send a gazillion emails back and forth. I think you get the picture. So, would this be possible somehow?

And finally, I have seek high and low and could not find a way to do that.
I see that all the tickets have an "auto close" after X days.
However, I would like to be able showing the customer a due date or something like that, so they know when I am going to deliver their order. Does that make sense?

Anyways, I am here if you need any more information and I'm sorry if I did not make it clear enough.
Thanks a lot once again!

Cheers

Erikson

6 answers to this question

Hi Erikson

Thanks for your message and kind words! Answers inline

>How can I embed a product on my site? I have read that one can use Upmind as a storefront but it's not the main purpose.
However, I cannot find how to embed the products. Do I need to use the API? I would love to, but I live in brazil and the exchange doesn't really help lol

We suggest you get Upmind running on a subdomain like my.[yourdomain.com]. Then you would link there from your main site.

We've got widgets coming in the medium term for things like plan cards etc, but in the meantime you would just add something manually and link it to the order page. You don't need to do the API for that but you would need to just manually make the card on your frontend site (e.g. WordPress)

>Secondly: As I said, I am a freelance, and I would love to raise a ticket once an order is paid - This would help tremendously on managing everything within one place, instead of having to send a gazillion emails back and forth. I think you get the picture. So, would this be possible somehow?

Not yet but has been requested and will be coming soon. It'll almost certainly be a form of product notification that you can configure under settings -> product catalogue - > [product] -> product notifications.

However, I would like to be able showing the customer a due date or something like that, so they know when I am going to deliver their order. Does that make sense?

We don't have this but it's a neat idea and probably something we can build into product custom fields which is on the roadmap

Thanks

Seb

Hello Seb! Thanks a lot for the quick answer!

I'll definitely setup that way on my sub domain, thanks!

Really nice to know! I can't wait to test such feature!

This is neat, indeed! As I said, besides being a freelance, I am a support analyst and I have used some HelpDesk softwares and they all have this feature. Some are easy to understand, some aren't, some are hidden... This would be good for freelancers or people who are selling physical products, so the customer can see an estimate delivery time. Thanks!

On a side note, I have seen that you guys have a sales channel saying: If you have 20> Staff, but I am curious if you'd have something for individuals like me who are starting to build a site but already have some customers?

The thing is that, Upmind is feature packed, but for freelancers who have let's say 100 customers but take like 5 to 10 orders a month, the free plan doesn't cover everything needs but the Single Brand plan can be a bit of an overkill. I hope you don't get me wrong. Thanks a lot for answering!